We like to believe that it is our biggest rooms that have the greatest impact when it comes to decorating, but I find that it’s the small spaces that I love to makeover the most. First off, who says a small space can’t have a big impact? And then there is the benefit of completing a small makeover in a day or two and feeling that sense of accomplishment with a fraction of the money in a fraction of the time.
Wallpaper removal took a grand total of 2 hours using some simple steps you can read about here.
Lately I’ve noticed I seem to have gained an obsession with dark walls…I’ve probably pinned a hundred incredible photos of gorgeous charcoal and navy colored rooms! Mmmmmm, a nice dark navy with big bold pieces of gold leaf art…. *drool* Well I decided to indulge that obsession, just a little bit. *grin* It’s a small space, so it can’t hurt! You can imagine how thrilled I was to find a deep blue Glidden paint color in the oops/discount section at Walmart for $12… yes, that is 50% off the regular price! Cha-ching!!
Of course, those big blue walls just don’t do justice without being complimented by some art to make them both pop. I found deeply discounted frames at Joann’s Fabric Store and spray painted them with Krylon metallic gold paint.
Target is my kryptonite. You should have seen me with my little $10 Mypoints Target gift card, flying around the store in a blissful tizzy, my 3 kids in tow. I kept putting items in the cart, then running them back when I found something I wanted more! *giggle*
I finally settled on this marble salt bowl priced at $3.98 marked down from the original $7.99. Forget the kitchen, this would be my ideal soap dish!
Powder Room Budget Breakdown:
Keep in mind that I just made-over my girls Jack & Jill bathroom on $83, so this bathroom needed to be…well, cheap. Here are all the details on how I refreshed this little 1/2 bathroom on a total of $36!
- Bath Rug – $9: Target rug, $7.19 (after 10% reduction for damage). Folkart acryllic paint from Walmart $1.77.
- Wall Art – $10: 2 frames from Joann Fabric Store (60% sale off + 25% off coupon) @ $4.89 each. Prints $0 (prints found online, Staples enlargement 49 cents each before staples rewards).
- Accessories – $5: 1 soap dispenser from Target $0 ($9.99 before using a $10 Mypoints gift card to Target). 1 marble salt dish from Target (marked down) $3.98 …(minus a 5% discount). 2 bowls/dishwear from Goodwill 50 cents each.
- Wall Paint – $12: From the “Oops” discounted section at Walmart (was 50%)
- Miscellaneous Project Materials – $0: Already owned. Includes painting tools, and spray paints.